Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Daughter's 4th Birthday Cake

 My daughter turned four this past September. And of course, being four years old AND a girl meant we were having a princess birthday party! But it was also October (hey, you have a party when you can :) ) so I decided to add a little Halloween flare to the decor and favors! Her colors were hot pink, orange, and black. I kept her cake pretty simple, decorating with stripes and circles. The black border brought the goulish feel to it! Finishing it off with a few handmade fondant roses, black sparkly spiders, and her favorite crown to top it off. The top tier was a moist chocolate cakes filled with caramel chocolate buttercream. The bottow tier was a delicate white cake filled with a thin layer of raspberry and red currant jam and the same caramel chocolate buttercream. It was fantastic! Everyone was just raving over the cake and to my surprise, so was I! Did I mention I made this cake two hours before her birthday party that morning?




No comments:

Post a Comment